The projects that Clark Construction delivers would not be possible without the hard work, dedication, and intricate craftsmanship of its trade contractors.
This year, the Washington Building Congress (WBC) recognized Clark contractors with 19 Craftsmanship Awards for their exceptional workmanship on nine projects throughout the Washington, DC area.
The WBC Craftsmanship Awards are an annual celebration of excellent work performed by local contractors who display exceptional workmanship, superior skills, and individual effort during project delivery.
Among the honorees were four of Clark’s self-perform entities, C3M Power Systems, Clark Concrete, Clark Foundations, and Clark Water, who earned accolades in the electrical, concrete, sitework, and special construction categories, respectively.
Two Clark contractors, The John Stevens Shop and Berlin Steel Construction Company were recognized as WBC Star Award nominees. Finalists for the Star Award are hand-selected by a panel of industry judges and demonstrate the highest level of quality, exceeding the awards criteria to achieve a level defined as "Exceptional." The Star Award winners will be presented during the virtual annual Craftsmanship Awards banquet in August 2021.
Clark-nominated WBC Craftsmanship Awards winners include:
- Knight Solutions/Brightview Landscape Development – Landscaping
- The John Stevens Shop – Stone Carving (Star Award Nominee)
- C3M Power Systems, LLC – Lighting Systems
- Berlin Steel Construction Company – Structural Steel (Star Award Nominee)
- Clark Concrete/Miller & Long – Cast-in-Place Concrete
- R. Bratti Associates – Interior Stone and Marble
- Gutierrez Studios – Architectural Millwork
- Clark Foundations – Underpinning, Foundations, and Excavations
- Synergi – Ornamental Metal
- Landscape Forms – Ornamental Metal
- Aris Tile & Flooring – Ceramic Tile and Terrazzo
- CB Flooring – Flooring
- Sparkle Painting Company – Painting and Wallcovering
- Arban & Carosi – Precast Concrete
- American Stone Virginia – Precast Concrete
- Clark Water – Process Mechanical
- Singleton Electric Company, Inc. – Power Generation, Distribution, and Switchgear
- Shapiro & Duncan, Inc. – HVAC-Piping
- Mona Electric Group, Inc. – Lighting Systems