Clark's Response to COVID-19
Construction is vital to our communities. As such, many of Clark’s projects, and those of other contractors nationwide, have been deemed essential infrastructure by local and state governments and are continuing to operate in accordance with local health guidelines as shelter-in-place orders and other community guidelines go into effect across the country.
Protecting our workforce and enabling our trade partners to put their crews to work in a safe, controlled, and healthy environment is paramount. Given the current guidance from national industry and health authorities, such as the Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as well as local health agencies, it is safe to keep our jobsites and offices open so long as we follow proper protocols for physical distancing, hand hygiene, and cleaning work areas.
Clark is taking every precaution to minimize the risk of infection on our jobsites and has implemented these and other preventative strategies as part of our overall COVID-19 management plan:
- Reinforce the importance of physical/social distancing, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette with the workforce, including:
○ Frequent hand washing
○ Avoiding touching nose, mouth, and eyes
○ Avoiding handshaking or other close contact
○ Covering mouth and nose with a tissue or elbow when coughing or sneezing
○ Maintaining a safe, 6’ distance from others
- Educate workforce on the symptoms of COVID-19
- Require individuals who are sick to stay home
- Encourage high-risk individuals to stay home
- Perform cleaning of frequently touched surfaces, portable toilets, and shared tools on the site
- Implement measures for physical/social distancing including spreading out work as much as possible, deploying a rotational telework plan for management staff, and encouraging workforce to minimize close contact (within 6’ of others) to the greatest extent possible
- Assign COVID-19 site monitors on jobsites to reinforce importance of social distancing and perform ongoing cleaning of high touch areas
- Require face coverings for everyone on our jobsites and in our offices
Immediate notification to Clark’s leadership task force is required if anyone on the project has/is:
- Tested positive for COVID-19
- Awaiting test results for COVID-19
- Suspected to have COVID-19 based symptoms, as determined by a medical provider
- Had close contact with someone known to have tested positive for COVID-19
Protocols have been established in accordance with CDC and OSHA recommendations to address a confirmed case of COVID-19 on a jobsite or in an office, including isolating the individual, investigating and informing those who may be impacted, and disinfecting impacted areas.
This situation is ever-evolving and we are actively monitoring new developments. Clark remains fully committed to operating in accordance with the guidelines set forth by national industry and health authorities and local health agencies.
To support the trade contractors and small businesses we work with, Clark has developed a library of valuable resources to help navigate these uncertain times.
See firsthand the protocols the Clark team has put into place to protect our workforce and enable our trade partners to put their crews to work in a safe, controlled, and healthy environment.