Washington State Convention Center Addition
Clark, in a joint venture with local contractor Lease Crutcher Lewis, will construct the Summit building, a 1.5 million square-foot addition to the existing Washington State Convention Center.in downtown Seattle.
The project includes the construction of a new ballroom, flex space with an outdoor terrace, and a new exhibit hall, which will span underneath Olive Street and be bordered by three prominent city streets. Clark also will construct a podium to house future development in the area.
Located in the city’s urban core, the Summit will provide views of the Puget Sound and surrounding city-scape, and will serve as a link between the downtown corridor and Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood. The building’s façade will be comprised of glass curtain wall with iconic elements to both showcase the structure’s architectural design and complement the fabric of the downtown area.
- Washington State Convention Center Addition Project Team Marks Completion of Steel Superstructure with Topping Out Celebration June 15, 2021
- Addition Pulls Daylight Into Convention Center May 26, 2021
- Major Seattle Thoroughfare, Olive Way, Realigned as Convention Center Addition Project Reaches New Milestone September 08, 2020
- Advanced Planning Effort Sets the Stage for Convention Center Addition in Seattle March 15, 2019
- Clark | Lewis Begins Construction on Massive Washington State Convention Center Expansion August 14, 2018