September 16, 2014
Press Releases & News

Construction Begins for 150 North Riverside

CHICAGO – In August, Clark broke ground on 150 North Riverside, a 53-story commercial tower in Chicago's West Loop. The company is constructing the skyscraper under a $250 million contract with The O’Donnell Investment Company.

Designed by Goettsch Partners, 150 North Riverside will rise on the eastern edge of a two-acre site on the west bank of the Chicago River. The building will feature 1.2 million square feet of leasable office space, but due to its unique superstructure design, will only encompass 25 percent of the lot. The remaining 75 percent of the project site is reserved for a public park, amphitheater, and riverwalk. The building's façade will have a rippling texture, created by undulating fins affixed at each vertical mullion in the unitized curtain wall system. A dramatic lobby, nearly 100 feet tall at its peak and surrounded by a structural glass fin wall system, will welcome visitors and visually connect the interior and exterior. In addition to office space, 150 North Riverside will feature a 7,000 square-foot fitness center, and conference facilities, including a 260-person person ballroom/meeting space and two boardrooms.

Clark also will perform significant city infrastructure improvements, reconstructing the site's riverwall, upgrading several traffic and pedestrian signals, and linking the project's riverwalk to River Point Plaza – the city's new riverfront pedestrian walkway system, which Clark also constructed. Adding to the project's complexity, the site is located over seven active commuter and Amtrak rail lines.

The project has been pre-certified LEED® Gold and was designed to minimize energy consumption while maximizing light and air, open space, and the overall quality of the tenant work environment. In addition to the plaza-level open space, the tower features 100 percent green roof space.

150 North Riverside is expected to be complete in November 2016.