150 North Riverside Reaches Substantial Completion

February 27, 2017

CHICAGO - After 28 months of construction, Clark Construction Group has reached substantial completion on 150 North Riverside, a 1.2 million square-foot office tower in Chicago’s River North neighborhood.

Designed by Goettsch Partners, 150 North Riverside features a unique superstructure, which only encompasses 25 percent of the two-acre site. The remaining 75 percent of the project site has been transformed into a public park, amphitheater, and riverwalk. 

The 54-story tower is nestled between the Chicago River and an existing building; seven active railroad tracks run directly through the site, and two elevated roadways border the tower's east side. Despite challenging site logistics, the team was able to keep the project on schedule by developing a floating platform system that allowed them to place a crane on a barge in the river. Read more about how the team turned the Chicago River into an asset here

In addition to constructing 150 North Riverside, Clark completed infrastructure improvements, reconstructing the site's riverwall and upgrading several traffic and pedestrian signals. Additionally, the team completed the final link in the city’s riverfront pedestrian walkway system by connecting to the riverwalk at River Point Plaza, which Clark constructed under a separate contract. 

 
  • ClarkBuilds
    ClarkBuilds From coast to coast, Clark has had the honor to construct the nation's top airports and their infrastructure.… t.co/PN84coFIsd
    August 19
  • ClarkBuilds
    ClarkBuilds Our Confluence team in #Denver received certificate of occupancy & welcomed the first tenants moving into the ultra… t.co/sAQRTpqj6U
    August 18