New Single Terminal at Kansas City International Airport
Clark Construction, in a joint venture with the Weitz Company and the Clarkson Construction Company will design and construct a new single terminal at the Kansas City International Airport. The project is being developed through a public-private partnership with Edgemoor Infrastructure & Real Estate.
At just over 1 million square feet, the Kansas City International Airport New Terminal is the largest infrastructure project in Kansas City’s history. The structure will be built in the footprint of the airport’s existing Terminal A, which has been decommissioned and was demolished in the summer of 2019. When complete, the New Terminal will feature 39 gates, with the ability to accommodate future expansion up to 50 gates. The project team also will construct a 6,300-space parking structure, a central utility plant, and landside and airside improvements.
The KCI New Terminal is scheduled to be complete in early 2023.
- WBEs Leave Mark On Kansas City Airport May 12, 2021
- New Terminal Project at KCI Spurs Economic Growth, Capacity Building Among Diverse Local Businesses April 08, 2021
- KCI New Terminal Team Marks Topping Out Milestone with Unique Virtual Events for the Community and Project Workforce February 19, 2021
- KCI New Terminal Project Team Recognized with National Innovations in Diversity Award December 22, 2020
- Minority- and Women-Owned Businesses Help the New Terminal Project at Kansas City International Airport Take Flight October 08, 2020
- Mayor, City Leaders Break Ground for KCI Terminal April 01, 2019