Eight Clark Projects Earn Craftsmanship Awards
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Washington Building Congress (WBC) recently announced that craftsmen on eight Clark Construction Group, LLC projects in the Washington, D.C. area will be recognized for their skills and quality workmanship.
Craftsmen from Clark Foundations, Clark Concrete and 12 subcontractors won 18 Craftsmanship Awards for their work on the following projects:
- 425 3rd Street, SW - Capitol View (Sitework - Underpinning, Foundations and Excavations)
- 915 E Street Condominium (Masonry - Unit Masonry)
- 1875 Pennsylvania Avenue (Masonry - Interior Stone and Marble)
- International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (Finishes - Marble/Granite)
- Shakespeare Theatre and International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Building (Concrete - Cast-in-Place; Doors and Windows - Windows and Storefronts)
- U.S. Dept. of Transportation Headquarters (Finishes - Drywall; Mechanical -HVAC/Piping; Masonry - Exterior Stone; Masonry - Interior Stone and Marble; Electrical - Power Generation, Distribution and Switchgear; Special Construction - Thermal and Moisture Protection; Electrical - Lighting Systems)
- Washington Nationals Ballpark (Sitework - Underpinning, Foundations and Excavations)
- WilmerHale (Finishes - Drywall; Masonry - Interior Stone and Marble; Doors and Windows - Doors and Hardware; Electrical - Lighting Systems)
In addition, Clark Foundations earned an award as a subcontractor in the Sitework category (Underpinning, Foundations and Excavations) for 455 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
The Shakespeare Theatre and International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Building also was nominated for a Star Award for the cast-in-place concrete work. Star Award nominees are specially selected by the judges to recognize craftsmanship that attained the highest level of quality. The winners will be announced during the Craftsmanship Awards banquet on March 30 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C.
With more than 800 members, the WBC is the largest local association representing the D.C. area’s commercial real estate, design and construction industry.